SPOCon 2017 – Mahalo!
Mahalo to the 100+ government procurement and purchasing professionals and the 28 vendors who participated in SPOCon 2017 on October 20, 2017, at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. We are grateful to all of you, to ‘Olelo Community Media for recording parts of the event, and to the National Association of Procurement Officials for the funds to make this event possible.
Hawaii Procurement Excellence Team Award
Congratulations to the County of Hawaii Purchasing Division for winning the 2017 Hawaii Procurement Excellence Team Award! The SPO also recognizes the other team nominees:
- Founders of the Alaska-Hawaii Governmental Procurement Association
- Past Performance Contracting Team, Division of Purchasing, Department of Budget and Fiscal Services, City and County of Honolulu
Please start planning for the 2018 Hawaii Procurement Professional Excellence Award (which will be given to an individual). Nominations are due August 31, 2018.
SPOCon 2017 Program and Training Materials
Handouts from training are as follows:
- Acquisition Planning and Market Research, by Krista S. Ferrell, CPPO, CPPB, of NASPO
- Buying Local – Hawaii Product Preference, by Robyn Pfahl, Esq., of the State Department of Agriculture
- IT Procurement – Best Practices, by Dustin Lanier, CPPO, of Civic Initiatives
Mahalo to the more than 110 state and county procurement/purchasing personnel, vendors who have statewide contracts, various speakers, ‘Olelo Community Media, and Governor David Y. Ige for making SPOCon 2016 a success. SPOCon, a one-day training event held on October 21, 2016, at the Hilton Waikiki Beach included
- An overview of NASPO ValuePoint Contracts,
- Info about Cooperative Purchasing,
- A presentation by and face-to-face interaction with vendors,
- Training on Contract Law Fundamentals,
- Training on Contract Management, and
- Training on Procurement Pricing
Please click on each topic above for a link to the handout.