SPOCon 2018: October 19 – Save the Date!
SPOCon 2018, a one-day procurement training conference, will be held on Friday, October 19, 2018, at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. Registration for the event will be held only for state and county purchasing personnel. Initial registration will be open to two people per department/jurisdiction through Friday, August 10, 2018, then will open to additional staff commencing Monday, August 13, 2018.
The Procurement Professional Excellence Award Luncheon will recognize procurement professionals who have been nominated for this award. For information on the nomination process, visit Procurement Professional Excellence Award.
Vendors who are interested in participating in SPOCon 2018 please click on Vendor Information.
SPOCon 2017 Program and Training Materials
Handouts from training are as follows:
- Acquisition Planning and Market Research, by Krista S. Ferrell, CPPO, CPPB, of NASPO
- Buying Local – Hawaii Product Preference, by Robyn Pfahl, Esq., of the State Department of Agriculture
- IT Procurement – Best Practices, by Dustin Lanier, CPPO, of Civic Initiatives
SPOCon 2016 Program and Training Materials
Mahalo to the more than 110 state and county procurement/purchasing personnel, vendors who have statewide contracts, various speakers, ‘Olelo Community Media, and Governor David Y. Ige for making SPOCon 2016 a success. SPOCon, a one-day training event held on October 21, 2016, at the Hilton Waikiki Beach included
- An overview of NASPO ValuePoint Contracts,
- Info about Cooperative Purchasing,
- A presentation by and face-to-face interaction with vendors,
- Training on Contract Law Fundamentals,
- Training on Contract Management, and
- Training on Procurement Pricing
Please click on each topic above for a link to the handout.