Participation in Procurement Policy Board Meetings via Adobe Connect
Adobe Connect Meetings
Adobe Connect is an enterprise web conferencing solution for online meetings that is used by the Procurement Policy Board and the State Procurement Office to connect with state and county officials and members of the public on all islands.
Before you join an Adobe Connect Room for the first time:
Conduct a Meeting Connection Diagnostic well before the first live session, to make sure that your computer is ready
Have a Headset: All users must listen to the meeting using headphones, not computer speakers, to avoid feedback when their microphones are enabled. If you have a built-in microphone that you prefer to use (such as those on many newer Macs), you must use basic headphones or earbuds in conjunction with the built-in microphone, or else there will be feedback problems with the audio.
About 10 minutes before the meeting:
Log onto the Board’s meeting room via Adobe Connect. Choose the option to Enter as a Guest.
Adobe Connect is best-in-class web conferencing software, but there are bandwidth limitations on what you can do via the web, so here’s what you can do to optimize your experience:
- Minimize other demands on your computer
- You should not run other applications in the background during meetings, particularly web applications (email, chat, etc.) These compete for CPU and client bandwidth to the internet.
- In some cases, other applications will already be using the camera or microphone driver, which Adobe Connect from using the same driver for the web conference.
- Minimize competition for your internet bandwidth
- A wired internet connection is strongly preferred over a wireless connection
- No matter how you connect, make sure that other people who share your connection know that you are participating in an important web conference, and ask them to not do large uploads or downloads, and not play internet-intensive games, etc.
Problems Logging in, Seeing or Hearing During a Webinar
Call MeetingOne Support: 1-888-523-8445