Specifications & Scope of Work
Specifications: “Any description of the physical or functional characteristics, or of the nature of a good, service, or construction item. The term includes descriptions of any requirement for inspecting, testing, or preparing a good, service, or construction item for delivery.” (Ref. HRS §103D-104)
Scope of work: Sometimes called a statement of work, is a description of the requirements of services to be performed. The scope of work may include material requirements to perform the needed services.
- Basics of Writing Specifications/Scope of Work Training Reference (Workshop SPO 122)
- Procurement Circular 2008-09 – Specifications Pursuant to HRS 103D Part IV & HAR 3-122 Subchapter 3
Specification Requirements for Certain Goods, Services or Construction
- HRS 103D – 412 Light-duty motor vehicle requirements
Office Paper and Printed Material
- Clarification of Executive Memo 12-05 and Administrative Directive 11-02 regarding IT/IRM Acquisitions
- HRS 103D – 406 Specifications prepared by architects and engineers
- HRS 103D – 407 Construction projects, roadway materials; recycled glass content requirements
- HRS 103D – 408 Indigenous and Polynesian introduced plants; use in public landscaping
- HRS 103D – 409 Provisions for pollution control
- HRS 103D – 410 Energy efficiency through life-cycle costing
- HRS 103D – 411 Value engineering clauses
- HRS 103D Part XIII – Preference for Oil Products with Greater Recycled Content (Recycled Oil Act)
- HRS 103D – 1005 Recycled Products
- HRS 103D – 1012 Biofuel Preference
Examples of Specifications/Scopes of Work
- For Goods, Services and Construction, current and past solicitations issued by State agencies, including specifications, are available on HIePRO.
- Some agencies also place the content of their solicitations on the Procurement Notices for Solicitations website.
- For Health and Human Services, current and past solicitations issued by State purchasing agencies are on the RFP website.
- SPO-014 Restrictive Specifications Request (For Goods, Services and Construction)
General Conditions for Contracts
General Conditions for Contracts for Goods, Services and Construction
General Conditions for Health and Human Services
- AG Form 103F, effective 10/2008.
Statutes & Rules
Goods, Services and Construction Pursuant to HRS Chapter 103D
- HRS Chapter 103D – Part IV Specifications
- HRS Chapter 103D Part X – Preferences
- HRS Chapter 103D Part XIII – Preference for Oil Products with Greater Recycled Content
Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapters 3-120 to 3-132 – all chapters apply
- HAR Chapter 3-122, Sub-chapter 3 – Specifications
- HAR Chapter 3-124 – Preferences
- HAR Chapter 3-132 – Value Engineering Incentives in Construction Contracts
Health and Human Services Pursuant to HRS Chapter 103F
Hawaii Administrative Rules – Chapters 3-140 to 3-149 – all chapters apply
- HAR Chapter 3-143 Section 3-143-302 Service specifications for requests for proposals