Are employees allowed to purchase car rental insurance?

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 in Travel.

Intra-State Travel: The State is self-insured, therefore, car insurance for intra-state travel is not required. An employee may purchase optional insurance, however, payment is the responsibility of the employee and no reimbursement will be permitted.

Out-of-State Travel: Employees may purchase collision damage waiver (CDW), which may also be called loss damage waiver (LDW) or physical damage waiver (PDW). Proof of purchase must be submitted to receive reimbursement. All other insurance options, i.e. personal accident insurance(PAI) and personal effects coverage, are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursable.