Can surplus property be given away to nonprofits or schools?

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 in For Vendors.

Surplus property is available to eligible participants (educational, health and human services organizations) through the Surplus Property Management program. A service and handling charge is assessed to a recipient for any item acquired from the program. For additional information on this program, contact the Surplus Property Management manager at 808-831-6757.

State property, after offering excess state property to other state agencies, may be donated to non-profit tax-exempt charitable organizations, after the disposing agency receives an approved disposal application from the appropriate Chief Procurement Officer. For additional information on this program contact 586-0554.

For more information, see the SPO programs available to qualifying nonprofits.