What must an RFI include?Posted on Jan 7, 2014 in Health and Human Services.
There are 6 elements that must be included in an RFI:
- Name of the agency issuing the request.
- A description of the information being sought. The more specific the questions, the more likely respondents will address the areas about which you have concerns.
- The procedure for responding. (Place and location of a meeting, address to send comments, etc.)
- A statement that participation is optional, and is not required to respond to any subsequent procurement.
- A statement that neither the purchasing agency nor the interested party has any obligation under the request for information.
- If applicable, other means by which the request for information is being solicited, such as an oral presentation, meeting, telephone survey, electronic media, or any combination of these methods.
(See: Is an RFI limited to the competitive (RFP) method of procurement when issuing an RFI pursuant to the special procedures in section 3-143-614, HAR)
Reference section 3-142-202 (c), HAR