eProcurement for State Executive Branch
Message to Procurement Professionals in the State Executive Branch
Aloha Procurement Personnel,
The State Procurement Office has begun the journey to transform our current piecemeal, semi- manual procurement system to a full life-cycle eProcurement system that will simplify menial work and allow state buyers to participate as valued stakeholders and concentrate more on the complex areas of the work. But we need you as our Valued Partner to make this happen right the first time!
To do this well for the uniqueness of YOUR department, we ask you for the following:
- Stakeholders*: You and other stakeholders (eg. your ASO, IT manager, Deputy AG, etc.) your department works with are asked to attend our one-day working session on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- First, stakeholders will join Steering Committee Members for a short two-hour presentation on what an eProcurement system is made up of.
- Stakeholders will then remain and participate in facilitated brain-storming meetings to determine their specific needs from a specifications point of view to include in our RFP.
A working lunch will be provided at this event.
We ask that you and other stakeholders register at:
* Stakeholder Group Definition – Department representatives with an understanding of the procurement function at their agency. Recommendation is to have stakeholders representing large, medium and small agencies to ensure we hear from all departments. This team will be critical to developing the solution definition and solution requirements. They may also be the foundational team from which you choose your evaluation team members for the eProcurement RFP. These stakeholders will also be the foundation for change management at their agencies as we move toward implementation.
Here are some of the additional actions that are happening:
- Steering Committee Member: We are asking the large department HOPAs consider placing themselves or their Deputy in our Steering Committee. This is where our HOPAs, AG and other members of leadership will be able to make high-level decisions. Steering Committee Members will be asked to join the stakeholders and attend the two-hour presentation on what an eProcurement system is on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Getting your Department Ready for Digitization: Many of your current internal processes may need to be revised to allow for digitization. Along with this effort, there will also be an opportunity to streamline processes for better efficiencies. We are asking departments to partner with us on a procurement business process review. Our consultant and our SPO Team will work in partnership with your team to determine your flow of activity and give you recommendations on areas to adjust for this purpose.
Airports has already volunteered to go first and are in the midst of this review (Click here for an article and more information on this). Will you participate in this effort? It is a two- to three-day initial commitment, followed by a half-day debrief with recommendations.