Competitive Sealed Proposals Procurement Method
- The Request for Proposals (RFP) is the solicitation document for this method of procurement.
- It is used when price is not the most critical factor or the offeror is being asked to propose a means for accomplishing a stated outcome.
- Criteria for evaluation of proposals shall be stated in the solicitation.
|Determination For Use||Competitive Sealed Bidding is not practicable or advantageous; price is not the most critical factor. To utilize this method of procurement:
|Basis for Award||In accordance with the RFP criteria.|
|Brief Description of Procedure||A request for proposals (RFP) is prepared including the scope of work, evaluation criteria, administrative requirements and provisions and submittal due date. Public notice is issued inviting offerors to submit a proposal in accordance with the RFP. A pre-proposal conference may be held.
Upon the submittal deadline the proposals are evaluated either by the procurement officer or an evaluation committee. Best and final offers may be solicited from priority-listed offerors.
Award is made to the proposal with the highest score.
|Monetary Cap||In accordance with the contract.|
|Term Limit of Contract||In accordance with the contract.|
|Public Notice of Solicitation||Required. Shall be posted for a minimum of 30 days between first date of availability of solicitation and submittal due date of offers, a total of 32 days.|
|Public Notice of Award||Required. Must be posted to contract awards website (Executive branch) within 7 calendar days of award.|
|Protests||Allowed for any phase of solicitation and award.
(Reference: HRS Section 103D-701)
|Preferences||Preferences apply. Applicable preferences are addressed in the solicitation.|
|Electronic Procurement System||Use of an electronic procurement system is not required.|
Statutes & Rules
- HRS Section 103D-303 Competitive Sealed Proposals
- HRS Section 103D-101 Requirements of Ethical Procurement
Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) Chapters 3-120 to 3-132 (all chapters apply)