Service Educational Activities (SEA)
Service Educational Activities are national organizations of special interest to the armed forces which serve the educational, social, welfare and recreational needs of the armed forces. Other national organizations whose primary mission is to offer courses on instruction devoted to the military arts and sciences may also eligible to become a SEA.
National organizations must be sponsored by a military service and approved by the office of the Under Secretary of Defense.
SEA organizations may only receive DOD property; SEAs may not receive civilian agency surplus property.
- American Red Cross
- Armed Services (YMCA)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- US Olympic Committee
- Young Marines of the MLC
- Hqrs. US Army Cadet Cmd
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America
- Dept. of Navy JROTC
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Camp Fire Boys and Girls
- Civilian Marksmanship Program
- Little League Baseball, Inc.
- Marine Corps League
- HQ-US Marine Corps (LLPP-2)
- US Naval Sea Cadets
- Hqrs Air Force ROTC
- USO World Headquarters
Complete the Application Packet and provide documentary evidence of the following:
- Required additional documentation that must be submitted with application:
- Proof of association with the national organization (ex. Charter from Boy Scouts of America).