The Surplus Property Office evaluates all organizations and determine eligibility based on proof of eligibility through proper documentation.

  • All state government agencies, commissions, authorities, universities, colleges, technical colleges, and boards are eligible for state and federal property. Visit the GSA website for their guidelines on eligibility.
  • All Hawaii municipal government (county, city, town etc.) entities are eligible for state and federal property.
  • Eligible nonprofit organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as 501 organizations may be eligible for state and/or federal property depending on the services provided.
  • Service Education Activities (SEA), Small Business Administration (SBA 8A participants) and Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) may be eligible for state and/or federal property.  Eligibility for these organizations is established by the US DOD, SBA, and VA respectively.
  • Veteran Owned Small Businesses


Application Packet:

Please review to determine which of the following eligibility category your organization falls under, and if you are required to submit additional documentation.

Detailed Requirements for Specific Types of Organizations