The Surplus Property Office evaluates all organizations and determine eligibility based on proof of eligibility through proper documentation.
- All state government agencies, commissions, authorities, universities, colleges, technical colleges, and boards are eligible for state and federal property. Visit the GSA website for their guidelines on eligibility.
- All Hawaii municipal government (county, city, town etc.) entities are eligible for state and federal property.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as 501 organizations may be eligible for state and/or federal property depending on the services provided.
- Service Education Activities (SEA), Small Business Administration (SBA 8A participants) and Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) may be eligible for state and/or federal property. Eligibility for these organizations is established by the US DOD, SBA, and VA respectively.
- Veteran Owned Small Businesses
- Application for Eligibility
- Non-Discrimination Assurance
- Authorized Representative
- Certification and Agreement
- Debarment, Suspension, …
- Instructions and Definitions
Please review to determine which of the following eligibility category your organization falls under, and if you are required to submit additional documentation.
Detailed Requirements for Specific Types of Organizations