The Surplus Property Office evaluates all organizations and determine eligibility based on proof of eligibility through proper documentation.
- All state government agencies, commissions, authorities, universities, colleges, technical colleges, and boards are eligible for state and federal property. Visit the GSA website for their guidelines on eligibility.
- All Hawaii municipal government (county, city, town etc.) entities are eligible for state and federal property.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as 501 organizations may be eligible for state and/or federal property depending on the services provided.
- Service Education Activities (SEA), Small Business Administration (SBA 8A participants) and Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) may be eligible for state and/or federal property. Eligibility for these organizations is established by the US DOD, SBA, and VA respectively.
- Veterans Small Business Act:
At this time policies and procedures are not in place for the administering of the Veterans Small Business Act. The provisions of the Law impacts three federal agencies, GSA, VA and the SBA. No surplus property will be available until policies and procedures have been developed and a Memorandum of Agreement with our State Agency is finalized. This will take a bit of time, and the previously mentioned agencies are working hard to finalize an agreement so that the program can begin.